About Quinn Funerals, Colac funeral directors
In 1999, Quinn Funerals took over a long-honoured tradition of personalised care and individual service for funerals and memorial services in the Colac community.
George James established this tradition of service in 1883 in the Colac region when he began his career as an undertaker in Manners Sutton Street, now known as Murray Street. His son, Garnet James, moved the business to 61 Corangamite Street in the mid 1940s where it continued to offer the best possible service to families in Colac and surrounding districts. In 1968 the Wagenknecht Family took over the Funeral home and served the community faithfully until 1999.
Quinn Funerals operated from one of Colac’s most recognised Victorian-period homes, Lislea House, on the corner of Corangamite Street and Connor Street, once the private home of Colac’s well-known Dr Wynne for a period of almost 13 years.
In October of 2011 Quinn Funerals moved to Wesley Place, the former Methodist Church, in Colac on the corner of Grant, Skene and Manifold Streets. At Wesley Place you will find a beautifully renovated chapel for 200 people with an up-to-date audio visual system for the use of all denominations and civil celebrants.